Pages

Wednesday 13 November 2019

I am Poem

For writing this week my class and I looked at writing a poem. We wrote poems about our-self and had to express our feelings in our writing. Here is my I am me poem. 

I AM 

I am a girl No less than a pearl
I wonder why I am never good enough in this world
I see myself crying into tears wanting to give up already.
I want this journey of pain to stop
I hear the inspirational words come out of my mother's mouth that I try to fulfill, but I never do
I am a girl No less than a pearl

I pretend that there's no reason to hate life, no reason to let it win. But the truth is that I do hate life and I'm tempted to give in.
I touch the painful bruises on my skin 
I worry that people will no longer want me in their lives
I cry for help to be on its way
I am a girl No less than a pearl

I understand why life isn’t always easy 
I say Father, forgive these people and forgive me for what I have done wrong
I dream to go back in time and take away my sad moments
I try to understand the purpose of life 
I hope that my parents will accept and appreciate me for who I am  
I am a girl No less than a pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment