Pages

Wednesday 27 December 2017

A song in your heart

For my 10th activity I had to look at a Maori Waiata I like. Then I had to post and say why I like this Waiata. Here is one of my favourite Maori Waiata. Hope you enjoy.

Click On the Title Whakaaria Mai and there will be a link to the Maori words and tune .

Whakaaria mai
Tōu rīpeka ki au
Tiaho mai
Rā roto i te pō
Hei kona au
Titiro atu ai.

Ora, mate,
Hei au koe noho ai
     Show
your cross to me.
Let it shine
there in the darkness.
To there I
will be looking.

In life, in death,
let me rest in thee.

7 comments:

  1. Hey there Anitimoni, thanks for completing another activity and working so hard during your summer break. It's great to see!

    You have chosen a beautiful Waiata. I like how you've provided the lyrics and also the English translation. It is very helpful.

    I was wondering why you consider this to be your favourite Waiata?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Antimoni

    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    Well done on completing this task Keep it up. (Happy Holidays)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Billy
    Thank you for the comment. This Waiata is my favourite because it reminds me about what my mum says about my school work

    Cheers Moni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah
    Thank you for the amazing comment keep up the good work. Happy holiday

    Love Moni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anitimoni I like the song whakaaria mai too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Malo Moni,

    Whakaaria mai - wow, what a beautiful song! I really like that you've included the Maori lyrics as well as the English translation. Now I can sing a long and hopefully be a pro at singing this like you!

    Mrs Faalili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora a Mrs Faalili
      Whakaaria Mai is a beautiful song to sing. I even sang it in Kapa haka.

      What is your favourite Maori song.

      Cheers Moni

      Delete